Excel / Access Import

  1. #1

    Excel / Access Import

    Hi guys,
    OK, here is a weird one.

    I am importing excel data into an access data base. The database is working correctly and the current excel file I am importing is importing without any errors.

    Now I am having an excel file delivered via a vendor, and I am getting errors when importing the file.

    The error is produce by the first cell in the worksheet (A:1). For the life of me I can't figure out why this cell is causing an error.

    So, can anyone tell me the difference between cells A:1 in the two files attached?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel / Access Import

    The link isn't working.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    "Fastbike" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Well I have worked it out.

    Thanks to those who looked at it.

    There was a space before some of the text that caused an error when importing the file.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Excel / Access Import

    Hi Fastbike,
    If you want to clean up leading/trailing spaces and nonbreaking space character
    that looks like a space you can use a macro to clean up material you copy
    and paste from a web page and I guess from some other non Excel sources. .
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Excel / Access Import

    > The link isn't working.
    (It works in Excelforum <g>)

    Think we have to click on this link first:
    > View this thread:

    ... and then click on the zip link in the OP's post over there
    (it works that way)
    --
    Rgds
    Max