Sales V commission

  1. #1

    Sales V Commission

    I need to know how to calculate the following sales commissions as shown below:

    Sales Payment per order
    1-10 £10
    11-20 £15
    21-30 £20
    31-40 £25

    How can I create a formula so that whenever I say, sales for Mr "A" are 36 then it shows the result in a cell.

    Hope someone can help me and thanks.

    Martin

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Sales V commission

    Martin,

    Assuming that the series carries on in the same arithmetic progression try:

    =CEILING(A1,10)-(CEILING(A1,10)/10-1)*5*(A1>0)

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

    "Carauto" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Sales V commission

    On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:58:10 -0600, Carauto
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I need to know how to calculate the following sales commissions as shown
    >below:
    >
    >Sales Payment per order
    >1-10 £10
    >11-20 £15
    >21-30 £20
    >31-40 £25
    >
    >How can I create a formula so that whenever I say, sales for Mr "A" are
    >36 then it shows the result in a cell.
    >
    >Hope someone can help me and thanks.
    >
    >Martin

    This is exactly what Vlookup is for. Particularly if unlike in this
    example the relationship between sales and payments are not directly
    proportional.

    Create a table in A1:B5

    0 0
    1 10