How can I remove Salutation

  1. #1

    Smile How can I remove Salutation

    Can anyone help me to remove Salutation and name to two different fields.
    I have a list of names like this. Mr Ravindran, Mrs Ravindran, Ms Ravindran, Miss Ravindran etc. I want to have the Salutation in one cell and the name in the other.

    Thanks in advance.

    M. Ravindran
    Last edited by m_ravindran; 12-09-2005 at 10:10 AM. Reason: comma mistake..

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove Salutation

    Salutation: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
    Remainder: =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,1024)
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How can I remove Salutation

    Assuming your list in column A

    In B1 put:

    =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1))

    In C1 put:

    =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1),99)

    copy both down as far as you have data in Column A.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Thanks, Bernard. It is extremely helpful.

    Regards,
    Ravindran