Combining Text and numbers from two cells

  1. #1

    Combining Text and numbers from two cells

    Hi all

    please help

    i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula?

    thanks
    Andrew

  2. #2
    If the text "aaa" is in cell b1 then type the formula below in the cell you would like to concatenate the information into.

    =B1&"-"&A1

    Hope this helps
    Ed

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Combining Text and numbers from two cells

    Hi!

    Try this:

    A1 = 6000
    B1 = aaa

    =B1&"-"&A1

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Rowan Drummond
    Guest

    Re: Combining Text and numbers from two cells

    Assuming aaa- is in B1 then try:
    =B1&A1

    Hope this helps
    Rowan