Please...I beg HELP

  1. #1

    Please...I beg HELP

    =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(A:A,Sheet2!A:A,0)+1,4,4,1, "Sheet2"))

    I need help changing this a little, once it finds a match it looks down 2 rows and over 7 rows for the cell containg the word "Productive" and then go 1 cell over to the right and that is the value I need.

    thanks for the help

  2. #2
    MSweetG222
    Guest

    RE: Please...I beg HELP

    Terrings3 - I assumed you wanted a worksheet formula and not a vba script.

    This formula is on a separate worksheet than "Sheet2" (<<< the sheet you are
    trying to analyze). Cell A1 contains the Value you are looking for.

    I also assumed where you said "down 2 rows and over 7 rows" you really meant
    7 columns.

    =IF(INDIRECT("Sheet2!G"&MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)+2)="Productive",INDIRECT("Sheet2!H"&MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)+2),"")

    Thx
    MSweetG222

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Please...I beg HELP

    Matching all of column A in the sheet with the formula to all of column A in
    sheet2, doesn't make much sense. (and your formula doesn't work to produce
    anything either).

    Then looking for Productive at a specific offset from the found cell - makes
    less sense - are you checking whether it is there or not. (I assume you
    mean over 7 columns rather than 7 rows).

    Perhaps if you were a bit clearer in what you are trying to do you might get
    some assistance.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Teerings3" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...