How do I link cells in two different spreadsheets?

  1. #1
    Randy
    Guest

    How do I link cells in two different spreadsheets?

    I am trying to link data from a cell in one spreadsheet to a different
    spreadsheet.
    I want the data of a certain cell in spreadsheet 1 to show up in a certain
    cell in spreadsheet 2. How is this done?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I link cells in two different spreadsheets?

    Try this exercise:

    Go to a cell A1 in Sheet2
    Type an equal sign (=)
    Click on the Sheet1 tab (at the bottom of the screen)
    Select cell A1 on Sheet1
    Press the [Enter] key

    Cell A1 on Sheet2 should now display:
    =Sheet1!A1

    There are othe options to consider, but start with that and post back with
    any other questions.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    Maran
    Guest

    RE: How do I link cells in two different spreadsheets?

    Right click on the cell u want to copy and paste special on the spreadsheet
    dat u want to copy.

  4. #4
    Taking this one step further ...

    I have a mailing list in Execl that is rather extensive - with dozens and dozens of columns of data for about 14,000 records (one row per contact).

    This information is great for analysis on computer. However, I can't print the data as it is formatted.

    I wish to break up my list by region and share these portions with salespleople who can call the list for verification. However, they don't want dozens and dozens of columns of information. They wish to see the information as one sheet per contact, or perhaps several contacts printed per page displaying approximately 5-7 bits of informaton (5-7 columns worth of data) per person printed down a sheet of paper.

    Can I automatically pull information from the existing huge spreadsheet, and have it "reflow" into this summarized version for printing a call sheet?

    Thank you for your help.