Excel Help

  1. #1

    Excel Help

    This is kind of hard to explain but I'll try my best to describe what I'm needing/wanting to do. I work in Operations in a call center. Right now I have two spreadsheets, one with a list of supervsiors and their direct reports, and other with tabs of supervisors and their employee schedules.

    How can I create something in excel where you'd just type in a supervisor's name and it would (in the same sheet/screen) show their direct reports and what schedules the reps work? I have something like this created in Access, however not everyone has Access nor will be given permissions to use Access. So my next best thing is Excel.

    Any thoughts or has some one created something simular to this?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Excel Help

    My approach would be to have separate sheets named for each Supervisor with
    their supordinate data thereon, all hidden.........then a MainMenu with all
    the Supervisors names as hyperlinks to their respective sheet........with
    each sheet having a "Return to MainMenu" button.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    How do you hyperlink to hidden sheets? Is there a way to do this?

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help

    I'm sorry, my bad............I did not mean to lead you astray..........I
    don't use "hyperlinks" as such......I actually use individual macros assigned
    to TextBoxes.......the macro first unhides the sheet, then goes to
    it...........another macro re-hides it upon leaving......this is done only so
    there is not a bunch of sheets showing..............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    I'm kind of lost. Do you by any chance have an example of this? Maybe something small that you have (non-proprietary) that you could email me?

    If so awesome, that would be a HUGE help. My email is [email protected].

    If not no big deal.

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help

    I've got one, and will do it, but it's big and it will take me some time to
    sanitize it and strip it down...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  7. #7
    Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!!!