User defined msgbox

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Burrton, Kansas USA
    MS-Off Ver

    User defined msgbox

    Hi!
    I want to give my spreadsheet user the ability to change thier password.
    The password is simply a part of a dataset and i use functions and macros to check input before allowing the user to proceed to the next step.
    What I don't know how to do is create the forms that allow the input of a string to a specific address. I currently only use simple msgbox type stuff. I want to ask them if they are sure they want to change the password "Yes" "No" and then give them a box for input and verification (optional) of the password.
    I am not trying to set the Excel workbook password for protection or anything else.
    This is just for a checkpoint to limit or direct navigation within the workbook.
    Last edited by Brian Matlack; 12-14-2005 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: User defined msgbox

    You are best off to create a new form to perform the password validation. Add
    2 text boxes to the form and change their PasswordChar to *. Add a command
    button to validate the password (lenght is valid and both passwords match)
    and you are off and running...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson