Find and Replace

  1. #1

    Find and Replace

    Is there a way to use the "find and replace" function to find and delete words? I have a spreadsheet that has a column of cells with product descriptions in them. Each description contains the manufacturer's name, which I don't need. I did a find and replace of the of manufacturer name and didn't put anything in the replace with box, but it didn't do anything. Is it possible to find and delete? I could do it with a space, but I would rather not.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Find and Replace

    Perhaps you had "Match entire cell contents" checked under
    Edit>Replace>Options.

    Uncheck and try again with nothing in the Replace With: box

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: Find and Replace

    Finding and replacing with nothing works for me.

    Maybe you had a range selected other than the range that you intended to
    perform the operation on.

  4. #4
    Roland
    Guest