conditional formatting

  1. #1

    conditional formatting

    I would like to use conditional formatting to let me know in red if the number of received items is less than the number of ordered items. I know I can do this if I have a specific number of items always ordered, but that number always changes. I also would like a date to turn red if the schedualed date an item was supposed to come in is past today's date, any day of the year. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Stephen
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting

    "Roz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I would like to use conditional formatting to let me know in red if the
    > number of received items is less than the number of ordered items. I
    > know I can do this if I have a specific number of items always ordered,
    > but that number always changes. I also would like a date to turn red if
    > the schedualed date an item was supposed to come in is past today's
    > date, any day of the year. Can anyone help?
    >
    > --
    > Roz

    Suppose number ordered is in A1 and number received is in B1. Then you can
    conditionally format using the formula
    =(A1<B1)

    In case you don't know, use
    Format > Conditional formatting
    Then change the first drop down box to "Formula Is" and type the formula in
    the second box.

    For your date, conditionally format using "Cell Value Is", "less than", and
    type
    =TODAY()
    in the third box.

  3. #3