first row on all pages

  1. #1
    Gladys
    Guest

    first row on all pages

    My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
    Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2

    The spread sheet goes through column AD

    When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
    work. The data is only printed on page 1

    Any suggestions

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    Gladys

    Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description.........

    Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method
    instead.

    Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal.

    Merged cells cause no end of problems with many Excel functions/features.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Gladys
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    Hi,

    I tried centering across selection also and this does not work.

    I am using Excel 2003 if this helps. If you would like I can send you the
    spreadsheet.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Excel does quirky things sometimes.......

    Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the merged cells, type in your first two lines and try again.

    It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.

    TGHC

  5. #5
    Gladys
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    I've already tried this...no such luck! Thanks though!

  6. #6
    Gladys
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    I've even tried creating a new document with data in just the first few rows.
    I still get the same results. I've tried this on a couple of machines running
    excel 2003.

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Hmmm

    How do you enter the details for rows to repeat, you must use absolute references, in fact it's better to use the mouse and the locator icon in the "Rows to Repeat field."

    TGHC

  8. #8
    Gladys
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    Yup...That's what I do!

    I click on Page setup
    I click on the Sheet Tab
    I click on the collapse down button in the "rows repeat at the top" window
    I select row 1 and 2
    I click on the collpse up button
    and select ok.

    I've ran detect and repair - I've tried a spreadsheet from scratch - I am
    lost.

  9. #9
    Forum Contributor
    I'm lost now, the only thing I can think of is perhaps it's your printer, unless of course it replicates on different printers.

  10. #10
    Forum Contributor
    If it's just a page heading you want you could set up a header........I'm grasping at straws now.

  11. #11
    Gladys
    Guest

    Re: first row on all pages

    Thanks again!

    I ended up having the user use the header and adjust margins so It appears
    that it is in the rows right above. I am still confused though.

    SO if any of you Excel MVP out there Knows how to fix this - please let me
    know.

    Happy Holidays!