Insert date then lock cell!

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    UK

    Insert date then lock cell!

    Hi,

    Is it possible to have the formula =TODAY(), but when entered into a cell is then locked, so it doesn't alter the following day.

    I want a button that when clicked, enteres this formula into the selected cell, but once entered I want the cell to then lock so the date does then not ever alter.

    Can this be done?

    Thanks,

    Mark.

  2. #2

    Re: Insert date then lock cell!

    Don't use a formula. Just plop the date in directly--something like this in
    your buttonclick code:

    with activecell
    .value = date
    .numberformat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
    end with

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    UK
    Will give it a go, thanks.

  4. #4
    pinmaster
    Guest
    Hi, another quick way to insert todays date in the selected cell is to simply hit the CTRL + ; keys.

    HTH
    JG

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    UK
    Cheers Dave, got it working and it's just the job.

    Mark.