Subtraction formula

  1. #1
    Al
    Guest

    Subtraction formula

    I am new to Excell and need a simple formula to track Vacation days. If I
    have Days taken in cell A1, how do I get cell B1 to show the number of use or
    lose days left?

  2. #2
    JASil
    Guest

    RE: Subtraction formula

  3. #3
    pinmaster
    Guest
    Hi, say you have 25 days of vacation available, then:

    in B1
    =25-A1

    or

    =D1-A1
    where D1 has the total number of vacation days available.

    HTH
    JG

  4. #4
    DNA
    Guest

    Re: Subtraction formula

    There are a variety of way:

    If the norm amount of vacation is say 14 days, then in B1 put:

    =SUM(14-A1)

    Can you be more specific?

  5. #5
    Sloth
    Guest

    Re: Subtraction formula

    why do you use the SUM function?

  6. #6
    DNA
    Guest

    Re: Subtraction formula

    Force of habit, you don't have to.

  7. #7
    Stephen
    Guest

    Re: Subtraction formula

    "Al" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am new to Excell and need a simple formula to track Vacation days. If I
    > have Days taken in cell A1, how do I get cell B1 to show the number of use
    > or
    > lose days left?

    When you have asked a question once, why not read the reply or replies
    before posting again? I answered your original question at 14:32, yet you
    repost at 15:10. If you need to follow up on replies, please keep to the
    same thread.

    Stephen