Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

  1. #1

    Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

    Hi,

    I am working in a workbook that have external references to another workbook.
    If I insert a row in the workbook, which is being linked to, it messes up the links.

    How can I make the workbook with the links automatically generate a row with links, when a row is generated in the other workbook?

    Thx. Lars

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

    safest way is to have the linking worksheet link to NAMED RANGES, not
    addresses.
    2nd safest way is to have all related workbooks opened at the same time.
    Then, when an insertion is made, the references adjust.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thx.. but I would like the other sheet to automatically make a similar row, so the two sheets match. It should be possible with a macro, but I cant make it do it.

    Does anyone know how to automatically create that row in the other sheet?
    Last edited by 50pingviner; 12-21-2005 at 11:47 AM.