Dynamic Calculation

  1. #1

    Dynamic Calculation

    I don't know if there is a non-programming way of doing this in the Excel, if there is I would definitely prefer that. I need help otherwise too..Here is what I am trying to do...

    I have a cell which shows a value that is a summation of few other cell values(let's say 1,2,3,...,10). I want to do dynamic summation in a way that it calculates let's say only those cells which are before cell 4. So basically, in the foirst month I will have the sum of the values of only that month. Than in the second i will have the sum of the values of both the months and so on.

    So, basically I wanna show the calculation of values from 1st month to whatever month we are in right now.

    hopefully, somebody will be able to help me..

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    VBA Dabbler
    Guest

    RE: Dynamic Calculation

    You might check out the built-in "SumIf" function, under the "Math & Trig"
    category.

    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but the SumIf function does
    provide some flexibility in conditional summation.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,
    VBA Dabbler

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Calculation

    You don't say how you know which month, but let's assume the datea are in
    row 1, amounts in row 2, use

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(1:1)<=MONTH(TODAY())),2:2)

    Bob Phillips

    "hem3414" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...