<TAB> problem

  1. #1

    <TAB> problem

    Hi,

    Is it possible that when the <TAB> key is hit the active row is down....not right? I know in Tools>Options you can change the direction of the <ENTER> key but I need the same result with tab. Any suggestions would be great.

    Best Regards,
    Mjack

  2. #2

    Re: <TAB> problem

    If you select the range, then the tab key follows that selection.

    I selected A1:A10, then b1:b10, then C1:C10 (I held the control key down when I
    selected the second and third ranges), then the tab key followed each column in
    the selected area.

    I saved this from a Gord Dibben post:

    One method is......make a named range for your cells then select this name
    from the namebox.

    Assume you want to go from D10 to A1 to B4 to C8

    Hold CRTL key down as you select cells. Start with second cell(A1 in this
    case) then select B4, C8 and last D10.

    With cells still selected, go to Insert>Name>Define. Type in a name and OK.

    De-select cells by clicking on any other cell. Now click on namebox(just
    above row1 and left of column A. Pick your name from the list. Your range
    will be highlighted with D10 as active cell. Enter your data then hit ENTER
    key to move through the range.

    =====
    And it works with tabs, too (well, if the sheet isn't protected)

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: <TAB> problem

    Maybe with some extensive code(which would be far beyond my capability) but
    there is no option to change the direction of the Tab key.

    If you unlock the one column and lock all the others, the Tab key will move
    down in that unlocked column.

    Worksheet Protection must be enabled for this.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP