Conditional Formula

  1. #1
    Jon
    Guest

    Conditional Formula

    I am wanting to write a formula where J8 > J7 and return the result "Yes" in
    K8. If J7 is blank the the formula needs to look at J8>J6.
    I wrote this:
    =IF(AND(J8>1,J8>J7),"Yes","") Does not get he result I am looking for.
    From here I need help!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    Maybe

    =IF(J8>J7,"Yes",IF(AND(J7="",J8>J6),"Yes",""))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    will this solve your problem

    =IF(AND(J7<>"",J8>J7),"yes",IF(J8>J6,"yes",""))

    have a thorouh check

  4. #4
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    Bob,

    Thanks!

    it does not wok either.

  5. #5
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    R.VENKATARAMAN,

    Nope does not get it either

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    It would be more helpful if you tell us how it does not work, we are not
    mind-readers.

  7. #7
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Does this work?

    =IF(AND(ISBLANK(J7),J8>J6),"Yes",IF(J8>J7,"Yes",""))

    Steve

  8. #8
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    SteveG,

    I copied and pasted it still it showing a Yes when it should not.

    I really appreciate the help with all this from all three of you!

    Any more suggestion?

    Jon

  9. #9
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    How about posting exactly what *is* in J6 & J7 & J8,
    And what *might* be in each of them.

    Keyed in data - What kind - text, or numbers, give examples -

    Formulas - do they return text, or numbers, or nulls ( "" - zero length
    strings), or logicals (True, False), or error values (#N/A!) - post the
    formulas -

    Imported data - possibly containing invisible characters -

    The more information you give concerning the contents of the cells in
    question will enable you to receive more viable suggested solutions.

    RD

  10. #10
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    Sure will--Thanks!
    J5 is 120
    J6 is 193.3
    J7 is 0
    J8 is 149.0

    I am looking to see if J8>J7, but on the conditional if J7=O or blank (I
    could set up either way) than the formula refer to J8>J6 reuturning a result
    of "Yes" if it is greater "No" if it is not.

    Example:
    K6 Should read Yes (due to refering to J6>J5)
    K8 should read No (due to refering to J8>J6)

    Hope this is enough information

  11. #11
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    You never mentioned "NO" in your earlier posts.

    Does this work for you:

    =IF(OR(AND(J7>0,J7<J8),J8>J6),"YES","NO")
    ?
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -

  12. #12
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formula

    Sorry about not mentioning the "No" as I know how to install.

    But for the Rest of the story, IT WORKED!

    Thanks Ragdyer!

    And thanks to all who participated!

    Happy Holidays to all!

    Jon