functions

  1. #1
    bsantona
    Guest

    functions

    I have a large amount of text in one cell separated by a semi colon. I would
    like to separate the data into several cells by semi colon.

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: functions

    Data/Text to columns. Click Delimited, Next, check the Semicolon
    checkbox, and click Finish.

  3. #3
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: functions

    <Data> <Text to Columns...>
    Then, select "Delimited", hit next, and check Semi Colon

    Dave

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Use Text to Columns. Select the cell you want to separate. Go to Data/Text to Columns. Step 1 Delimited should be selected. Click Next. Step 2. In the Delimeters select the check box next to semi-colon. This will give you a preview of where the break will be. Click next. Step 3, select the format. Click Finish.

    HTH

    Cheers,

    Steve

  5. #5
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: functions

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:49:02 -0800, "bsantona"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a large amount of text in one cell separated by a semi colon. I would
    >like to separate the data into several cells by semi colon.
    >
    >Any help would be great.
    >
    >Thanks

    Check out the Data/Text-to-columns wizard. Just specify the semicolon as the
    separator.
    --ron