Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

  1. #1
    Jack Oziel
    Guest

    Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

    I have Excel 2003 and have a spreadsheet like a checkbook. To make a
    distribution of the various types of expenses, I have account names. I
    have created a dropdown list to make it easier to view my account llist.
    When the list displays, it is so small it is difficult to read. Is there a
    way to make the dropdown list larger for easier reading?

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Jack,

    You can't change the size of the control through it's properties, but you can make the screen easier to read by using Zoom.

    On the toolbar select....
    VIEW
    ZOOM

    This display the Zoom dialog with preset values. It also has a box you can enter the Zoom you want.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

    Hi Jack,

    It is not possible to change the Data Validation font size, but see Debra
    Dalgleish's suggested workarounds at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

    I'm a bit curious.

    Do you mean that the font size is too small to read, the number of lines displayed in the list box is too few or the width of the list box is too narrow to display each list item fully?

    The third can be done by widening the column or merging columns. The second is covered in the link to Debra Dalgleish's site - great site. The first looks like a dead end.

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

    hi Lost4Now,

    > The first looks like a dead end.

    I think not - look again at Debra's suggestions!

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "Lost4Now" <[email protected]> wrote in