Worksheet Protection

  1. #1
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    Worksheet Protection

    Is there a way to protect a worksheet so that data can't be changed or
    deleted, but give the user freedom to format as they wish, i.e. hide columns,
    etc.?

    Connie

  2. #2
    Denver, CO
    Different versions of excel enable you to have different levels of protection... What version are you using?

  3. #3
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Protection

    Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3)

  4. #4

    Re: Worksheet Protection

    xl2002 offered lots more options when protecting sheets.

    Maybe you could provide macros that the users could run when they want to change
    stuff.

    Your macro could unprotect the sheet, do the formatting changes and then
    reprotect the sheet.

  5. #5
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Protection

    Thank you. I think I'll wait until we upgrade to XL 2002! And who knows
    when that'll be! Connie