Useing a Logrithmic y=intercept in a cell

  1. #1

    Useing a Logrithmic y=intercept in a cell

    Please help

    How can I post this function into a cell:

    y = 16.899Ln(x) - 11.928

    This is the Y-intercept from a tredline. If you right click a line in a scatter chart, you can click "show trendline". Under trend line, you can ask it to display the formula. That is where I got this formulla. So, I want to put this into a cell so I can "drag" it down to solve for X.

    I.E. With a standard (non logrithmic) line my formula looks like this:

    y = 0.4121x + 13.416, which I translate into the cell to this:

    =0.4121*B5+13.416

    From that I can drag it down to fill in the blanks.

    Now, I cant do this with the logrithmic line, becuase I havent figured out how to paste the function for "Ln"

    Anyone know how?

  2. #2
    Of course within minutes of postingt this i figure it out.

    y = 16.899Ln(x) - 11.928

    translates to this:

    =(16.899)*LN(B5)-11.928

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Useing a Logrithmic y=intercept in a cell

    The coefficient values are rounded by default. You can format the
    trenline coefficients to display full precision (scientific notation
    with 14 decimal places), or you can calculate then directly in Excel

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d0f2172c25a661

    Jerry