Excel Help

  1. #1

    Excel Help

    Hi

    What I'm trying to do is when I enter a name into one cell the one next to it automatically enters something else.

    E.G. Enter someones name in A1 and A2 automaically enters their managers name. Their name and managers name will be in a list.

    Any help will be greatly recieved, been trying yo sort out and it making may head spin

  2. #2
    Brian Handly
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help

    TheTone wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > What I'm trying to do is when I enter a name into one cell the one next
    > to it automatically enters something else.
    >
    > E.G. Enter someones name in A1 and A2 automaically enters their
    > managers name. Their name and managers name will be in a list.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly recieved, been trying yo sort out and it
    > making may head spin

    The Tone

    I suggest using VLOOKUP in the the adjacent column to look up the
    Manager's name. If you need help with VLOOKUP, either reply back or
    better: Start new thread dealing with your VLOOKUP needs.

    Texas Handly

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help

    Say that your datalist is on Sheet2, A1 to B25,
    With the employees name in Column A, and the managers name in Column B.

    On Sheet1, enter the name to lookup in A1, and try this formula in B1:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$25,2,0)

    You can copy this formula down Column B, if you have a list of names to find
    in Column A.
    --
    HTH,

    RD