auto move cursor after entering number in excel

  1. #1
    Mike C
    Guest

    auto move cursor after entering number in excel

    I am trying to set up a number of cell that I can input a single digit and
    have the cursor move to the next cell.
    --
    Mike C

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: auto move cursor after entering number in excel

    huh?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    In Excel 2002 try

    Tools > Options > Edit > Move Selection After Enter

  4. #4

    Re: auto move cursor after entering number in excel

    uh, what's does the next cell mean?

    To the right until you get to a certain column, then back to column A?
    Or down a row?

    One way is to build a tiny userform with just a textbox on it.

    Add this code to the userform module:

    Option Explicit
    Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)

    Select Case KeyAscii
    Case 48 To 57 'Numbers 0-9
    With ActiveCell
    .Value = Chr(KeyAscii)
    If .Column = 3 Then
    .Offset(1, -2).Activate
    Else
    .Offset(0, 1).Activate
    End If
    End With
    End Select
    KeyAscii = 0
    TextBox1.Value = ""

    End Sub

    Then add this to a general module to show the form:
    Option Explicit
    Sub testme01()
    Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Activate
    UserForm1.Show
    End Sub

    I always start in column A and use A:C.

    Debra Dalgleish has some getstarted instructions for userforms at:
    http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html