getline from a macro

  1. #1

    getline from a macro

    I am involved in using a worksheet that has many macros that are constantly being updated.

    There are many permutations of the same worksheet, but they all have the same macros.

    Whenever I change the master template I then have to go through and update each permutation individually.

    I have written a macro that will update automatically, but I want to use the first line as a tag on whether the individual module needs to be updated.

    How can I read the first line of a module from within another VBA module?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: getline from a macro

    Take a look at this link which allows you to code to the VBE...

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson