Auto copy data from 1 sheet into another

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Auto copy data from 1 sheet into another

    Is this possible?

    I have a spreadsheet with over 30 worksheets in it. Each sheet is individualized with names and personal information in it. I have a summary worksheet that lists everyone's name and a running total of numeric values.

    I need a new worksheet that I can use to type names into a list.
    As I type in the person's name, can excel pull the running total value from the summary sheet?

    Example:

    Name Number
    John Doe 8 (value from summary worksheet cell:B7)
    Jane Doe 36 "" "" cell:B8
    Mary Doe 80 "" "" Cell:B9
    etc Cell:B10
    etc cell:B11
    etc cell:b12

  2. #2

    Re: Auto copy data from 1 sheet into another

    It sounds like you could use =vlookup().

    If that summary worksheet looks like a table, it should work.

    You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: