how do i get my spreadsheet to give me tank gage amounts.

  1. #1
    tankerman
    Guest

    how do i get my spreadsheet to give me tank gage amounts.

    I have a fuel tank that is a round but is laying down ways. how do i get
    excell spreadsheet to give me the correct amount of gallons in tank the if we
    have the correct gage in inches, with the tank being round i can not figure
    out how to get the sheet to give me the amount because of the graduation of
    the amount in the tank.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by tankerman
    I have a fuel tank that is a round but is laying down ways. how do i get
    excell spreadsheet to give me the correct amount of gallons in tank the if we
    have the correct gage in inches, with the tank being round i can not figure
    out how to get the sheet to give me the amount because of the graduation of
    the amount in the tank.
    For this simple situation, you do not really need a spreadsheet to determine the volume of the fuel in the tank. All you need is the strapping table for this tank.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    tankerman
    Guest

    Re: how do i get my spreadsheet to give me tank gage amounts.

    I have the strappings for the tank but how can I get the spreadsheet (we use
    it for several different enteries of different products and other things) to
    enter the amount of fuel in one cell with the gages in another.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Take a look at the VLOOKUP function ...