+ Reply to Thread

Protected Excelsheet

Protected Excelsheet

Hi,
    i am using Excelsheet in my application. Due to some security reasons i made it as protected one. if i use mouse to select cells it is working fine.but i use down and up arrows to select cells it is giving not responding and taskmanger is showing 100% cpu usage.
    i am using Excel2003.

Can anybody send me how to protect only one row and not effect to other rows?

Thanks,
    Guru

MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Hi,

I guess you would have to select everycell on the sheet by clicking the top left corner then right click in the highlighted area, then select FORMAT CELLS, and then choose PROTECTION, click the LOCKED button until it shows empty i.e no tick or shading, then select the row you want to protect then right click in the highlighted area, then select FORMAT CELLS, and then choose PROTECTION, click the LOCKED button a tick should appear. The next time you protect the sheet (as locking cells doesn't work if the sheet is unprotected) just that row will be locked!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simon

MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Hi,

I guess you would have to select everycell on the sheet by clicking the top left corner then right click in the highlighted area, then select FORMAT CELLS, and then choose PROTECTION, click the LOCKED button until it shows empty i.e no tick or shading, then select the row you want to protect then right click in the highlighted area, then select FORMAT CELLS, and then choose PROTECTION, click the LOCKED button a tick should appear. The next time you protect the sheet (as locking cells doesn't work if the sheet is unprotected) just that row will be locked!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information