Rewriting a formula...

  1. #1

    Rewriting a formula...

    I have a spreadsheet that calculates totals and has formulas in certain columns. Is is possible to have the formulas work, but not have any numbers in the cells before I input them? For example, in column D, I have the simple formula =D9+E9, and so on and so forth down to =D25+E25. I may only put itmes in until D11. So in D12 thru D25, I have $0.00. Can I rewrite this formula, possible an IF/THEN statement to add the two columns, but not show the $0.00 in D12 thru D25, since I did not have to do any addition? My main goal is to not have this info in D12 thru D25 print to make the sheet look cleaner. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Rewriting a formula...

    Perhaps one simple way to achieve a cleaner look in the sheet (as it stands)
    is to try switching off zeros display via clicking:
    Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Wow! So simple...can you believe that I am just an excel beginner?! Thanks a bunch!

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Rewriting a formula...