Break link between excel and access

  1. #1

    Break link between excel and access

    Hi,

    I have an excel template that is linked to an access query. When the template is opened, it automatically downloads the latest data from the access query. Using code, I am then saving the template as a unique excel spreadsheet. The problem is that the link is still active between the new spreadsheet and access. So, when I open the newly saved spreadsheet, it automatically downloads the latest data from the access query. How can I save the template as a unique spreadsheet - and have the link broken? In other words, how can I have the new spreadsheet contain the template's data only, so it never grabs the access data again?

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Break link between excel and access

    QueryTable.Delete deletes the querytable (but keeps the values) and thus
    should "break the link."
    --
    - K Dales