Removing and Restoring Excel toolbars

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Removing and Restoring Excel toolbars

    I am considering whether to completely remove all excel tool bars in an application that I'm working on. i.e remove toolbars when workbook is opened and restore the original toolbars on close.

    Having previously 'lost' toolbars myself, is this a dangerous practice given the variety of excel versions out in user land? What is considered 'best practice' in this regard?

    Thanks to everyone who has guided me so far through my first VBA project, very much appreciated from this 'down under' VBA novice.

    Cheers

    Peter

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Removing and Restoring Excel toolbars

    There is no great problem that I know of as long as you track what is
    removed, and put them all back at the end.

    The things to be aware of is whether you still allow access to Excel
    generally. If so, you should restore them whenever you workbook is
    deactivated, as well as on closedown, and then hide them when yours is
    activated, as well as on open.

    Bob Phillips

    "peter.thompson"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Removing and Restoring Excel toolbars

    hi Peter

    You can find a few examples here
    http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

    If you need more help post back

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    Thanks

    Thanks for the advice & help guys, I'll start experimenting

    Cheers

    Peter