How Is CHOOSESHEET.XLA Removed?

  1. #1

    How Is CHOOSESHEET.XLA Removed?

    Installed it a while ago. Now would like to remove it as the spreadsheet has grown to 750 sheets and populating the CHOOSESHEET menu takes much longer than going to an Index sheet with links to each sheet.

    Tools | Addins | and deselecting CHOOSESHEET.XLA doesn't seem to do it as it still shows on the tool bar and in the IDE window.

    Clicking on it in the VBA Project Explorer Window prompts for a password.

    Clicking on the initial file installs a second icon on the tool bar.

    What is the trick?

  2. #2

    Re: How Is CHOOSESHEET.XLA Removed?

    Open excel
    Make sure "choosesheet.xla" is loaded.
    open the VBE (alt-f11)
    hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window

    type this and hit enter:
    ?workbooks("choosesheet.xla").fullpath

    make a note of that location

    Close excel
    Find that workbook and move it somewhere else.

    ===
    Restart excel
    try the tools|addins once more (to de-select it)
    You'll be prompted to remove it from the list, since excel can't find it.

    ===
    If the addin was in your XLStart folder, then that could explain why the
    tools|addins attempt didn't work.

  3. #3

    Success - CHOOSESHEET.XLA gone

    For some reason
    ?workbooks("choosesheet.xla").fullpath
    triggered
    "Run-time error 438. Object doesn't support this property or method."

    So I used Yahoo Desktop Search to find the file, renamed it, restarted Excel|Tools|Addins|ChooseSheet.XLA.

    As you predicted it is now just a memory.

    Thanks so much.