Workbook only malfunctions on a single PC

  1. #1

    Workbook only malfunctions on a single PC

    I have an interesting problem. I have a workbook that I share between 100 or more people. The workbook does some simple calculations and formatting (like zip codes and total price). The work book functions an all computers except one. On that PC the work book will not format the zip codes or quantity fields correctly. (if you enter 2000 it will change to 2.000) If I copy that work book to another computer it works just fine. So I have isolated the problem to this one PC that is running office 2000 and has all the latest patches and updates. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Workbook only malfunctions on a single PC

    Try checking the "Regional and Language" settings in the Control Panel on
    that computer.

  3. #3

    That was one of the first things I checked

    It is set to english, US dollor etc. Is there a spacific setting I should look for there?

  4. #4

    Re: Workbook only malfunctions on a single PC

    I'm gonna guess that it's a setting on that problem pc:

    Tools|Options|Edit tab|Uncheck Fixed Decimal places