Can some cells remain unprotected in a protected spreadsheet ?

  1. #1
    Detenbeck3890
    Guest

    Can some cells remain unprotected in a protected spreadsheet ?

    I know that Lotus allows for spreadsheet protection, allowing the user to
    unprotect specific cells, thus protecting against overwriting a formula while
    entering variables into the spreadsheet. An example may be an amortization
    schedule, containing formula to be protected, while allowing the term, rate,
    and amount fields to be accessed? Can anyone help or do I have to use Lotus
    !!!

  2. #2
    Select the cells you do not want protected.

    Then:

    - Format
    - Cells
    - Protection tab
    - Unclick the "Locked" checkbox

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: Can some cells remain unprotected in a protected spreadsheet ?

    Yes, check out help for sheet protection. I think its pretty well explained

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...