If Value Problem

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Burrton, Kansas USA
    MS-Off Ver

    If Value Problem

    Hi!
    I have a code that checks to see if the user put a value (greater than 0) in a cell and then displays a message if they didn't. The problem is if they put a value of .51 or greater it works but if the value is .5 or less it displays the message as if they did not put a value in at all.
    I know it must be in the way I wrote the code but I don't know what I did wrong. Her is what my code looks like.

    [begin code]
    Sub subtest()
    Dim x As Integer
    x = Worksheets("Add Info Sheet").Cells(20, 5)
    If x = 0 Then
    MsgBox "You must enter the number of hours you are requesting.", vbOKOnly, "Krause Warranty Info"
    Range("E20").Select
    End
    End If
    Sheets("Info Sheet").Select
    Range("E19").Select
    End Sub

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: If Value Problem

    Your problem is her

    Dim x As Integer

    as it will make your value an integer. Use

    Dim x As Double

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Burrton, Kansas USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Hi Bob!
    My problem has been, Is, and will always be "Her" but the code works fine now thanks to you!
    Have a nice day!!

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest