identifying a string of positive numbers

  1. #1

    Exclamation identifying a string of positive numbers

    These are daily performance figures. How would I calculate the most consecutive losing days and related to that, the largest drawdown (cummulative performance of that streak of losing days). What about the 2nd and 3rd longest streaks and drawdowns? My real set of numbers is >1000, so eyeballing it on a chart doesn't work. I'm thinking I will need to use the sumif command, but haven't gotten any farther than that. Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Megan

    0.32%
    0.73%
    0.61%
    0.90%
    -0.23%
    0.41%
    0.00%
    0.24%
    -0.07%
    0.09%
    -0.32%
    0.46%
    0.06%
    -0.81%
    0.53%
    0.40%

  2. #2
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: identifying a string of positive numbers

    Hi,

    You query is not at all clear. Could you mail your excel file to me at
    [email protected]