+ Reply to Thread

excel newb needs some help making multiple sheets communicate for ecommerce project!

excel newb needs some help making multiple sheets communicate for ecommerce project!

Hey All,

Quick intro, I sell clothes on eBay, and I am now switching to an excel based listing tool. What I need to do is integrate the data that I download into CSV format, to keep track of inventory in my excel sheet that I currently have listed and sold, so that I know exactly how much of a particular item I can put up. I have a good bite on this project considering this is the first time I have used formulas in excel, but it is a big one!

So what I have are 3 sheets. Current Inventory, Active, and Sold. Each item will have a "Private ID" tag associated with it. So for instance, my small abercrombie olive color jacket's private id = zso -- If you look at my first sheet, I have columns to keep track of my inventory. Total Inventory (the number of a particular item I start with), Running (Auctions going), Sold, and available. To get my available number, I take my Total Inventory minus Running + Sold (That tells me how many I have available to list on eBay.)

So heres what I need to figure out. For the Sold column on the first sheet for the abercrombie small cream jackets, I need to add up the number of sold listings on sheet two, with "zsc" in the "private id" column for example. (So cell D2 on the first sheet needs to = the sum of zsc tags on sheet two in the private id column. Then I need to have sheet 3 corrolate with sheet 1 cell C2, and add up the number of zsc tags in the private id column on sheet 3.

You can view my inventory sheet I've been working on below.

www.highvoltagerims.com/clothes/invexample.xls

I would really appreciate any help you can give!

bump. been at it for like 5 hours now and i want to pull my hair out ahhhhhhhh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information