Formula to see if a cell has an entered value

  1. #1

    Formula to see if a cell has an entered value

    For example:
    A1 has a value;the # of bills worked..In this case, 11.
    A2 through A9 have a decimal time of hours worked.

    A2=.58 (hours)
    A3=.92
    A4 has no value
    A5=.92
    A6=.92
    A7 has no value
    A8=.58

    A4,A7,and A9 have no values and are left blank.

    What I'm after is a formula for A10 that will give me the value of A1/(number of values entered in A2 through A9)
    In this case, A1/5, since 5 out of the available 8 cells had a value. I want it to count how many cells have a value entered in A2 through A9.

    Any way of making a formula like this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Formula to see if a cell has an entered value

    Hi,

    You can try

    =A1/COUNTIF(A2:A9,">0")

    Regards

    Govind.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Formula to see if a cell has an entered value

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =IF(OR(COUNT(A2:A9)<1,A1=""),0,A1/COUNT(A2:A9))

    Biff

    "bellz" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Thanks guys,
    I'll try those when I get to work tomorrow.