Macro (can do a save as.

  1. #1
    Moscow

    Smile Macro (can do a save as.

    Hello could some one please tell me if it is possible to get a macro to do a "Save As" . What it will have to do is save as a given date which will be at all times in cell B1. I can get macros to do most things but I have yet to learn how to do a save as.

    Thankyou

    Paul Maynard

  2. #2
    Carim
    Guest

    Re: Macro (can do a save as.

    Hello Paul,

    Just use
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs

    HTH
    Carim

  3. #3
    Moscow
    Quote Originally Posted by Carim
    Hello Paul,

    Just use
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs

    HTH
    Carim
    Hello Carim

    I know this may sound like a stupid question, but when say use the ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs are you referring to File/SaveAS?

  4. #4
    GB
    Guest

    Re: Macro (can do a save as.

    What he means is that in a sub-routine or a function:

    public Sub SaveMe()
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs
    end sub

    This sub-routine will prompt the user for the name and location in which to
    save the current workbook.

    I do not have access currently to VBA help files, but there are some other
    things you can add at the end of the SaveAs feature that will allow you to
    name the file with todays date and remove the user interaction in naming the
    file. But you have to be 100% sure of where you want to store your files as
    compared either to the current location of the workbook that is doing all the
    grunt VBA work, in relation to the current users system setup, or the network
    that the file(s) are being stored on.

  5. #5
    Moscow

    Macro

    Hello Carim

    I am no expert when it comes to actually writing a macro but I will give it a go. So again thankyou very much for your help and support.

    Paul Maynard

    QUOTE=GB]What he means is that in a sub-routine or a function:

    "paulrm906" wrote:

    > Carim Wrote:
    > > Hello Paul,
    > >
    > > Just use
    > > ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs
    > >
    > > HTH
    > > Carim

    > Hello Carim
    >
    > I know this may sound like a stupid question, but when say use the
    > ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs are you referring to File/SaveAS?
    >

    > --
    > paulrm906
    > paulrm906's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28776
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501004