update sheet name in conditional sum every month

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    update sheet name in conditional sum every month

    I have files with monthly data. This data has different categories (columns). I am summarizing this data in a sheet using conditional sum. Now when new data comes in every month I have to go into each cell with these formulae to update the formula with new sheet name with new data. Is there any easier/faster/better way to do this?

    Here is an example of formula in one cell (obviously when I copy the formula excel gets rid of { brackets but those are there in the formula)......and I have formulae like this in about 40 cells that I need to update every month manually.

    =SUM(IF(Sheet1_Dec!$J$2:$J$2859=$A5,IF(Sheet1_Dec!$I$2:$I$2859=G$4,Sheet1_Dec!$G$2:$G$2859,0),0))

    Thank you very much in advance.
    Sanjay

  2. #2

    Re: update sheet name in conditional sum every month

    How about just Edit|Replace?

    Depending on the name of the worksheet, you may need to include apostrophes
    around that name.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Thumbs up Thanks

    Edit|Replace works great. I didn't realize Find looks in formulas too. Thank you very much. Sanjay