Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Sarasota, FL

    Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting

    I'm going insane

    I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences.

    Example:

    Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1
    Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2

    So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change.

    Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
    "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0"
    Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40

    Help really appreciated...

  2. #2
    Kleev
    Guest

    RE: Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting

    I would guess that the value 1 exists in the range oldgrid but that 133 does
    not.