Vlookup for range, help

  1. #1

    Vlookup for range, help

    I have a range of values below. How do i get the Percentage to show when i want to lookup a value of $700 from the table?

    A B
    Range Percent
    $0 - $499 0%
    $500 - $999 2%
    $1000 - $1499 5%
    $1500 - $1999 8%
    $2000 - $2499 10%
    $2500 - $2999 13%
    $3000 - $3499 15%
    $3500 - $3999 20%
    More than $4000 25%

    I know how to do the basic Vlookup for just a value, but im not sure how to do so for a range of numbers. Please help, thanks.

  2. #2
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup for range, help

    Hi,

    Build your table in the following way

    Minimum value Percent

    0 0%
    500 2% and so on

    Then use =VLOOKUP(A1,RANGE,2,TRUE)

    where A1 is the cell where you have $700 and Range refers to the area
    where you have your reference table.

    Regards

    Govind.

  3. #3
    Hi I followed your steps but an error happened called: #REF! when i use the formula
    =VLOOKUP(A1,I1:I9,10,TRUE)
    I used the table array as I1:I9 which is the list of numbers(0,200,500 etc) and 10 is column the percentages that i have.

    How do i solve it?

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Govind

    dark_snowboy wrote:
    > I have a range of values below. How do i get the Percentage to show when
    > i want to lookup a value of $700 from the table?
    >
    > A B
    > Range Percent
    > $0 - $499 0%
    > $500 - $999 2%
    > $1000 - $1499 5%
    > $1500 - $1999 8%
    > $2000 - $2499 10%
    > $2500 - $2999 13%
    > $3000 - $3499 15%
    > $3500 - $3999 20%
    > More than $4000 25%
    >
    > I know how to do the basic Vlookup for just a value, but im not sure
    > how to do so for a range of numbers. Please help, thanks.

    Last edited by dark_snowboy; 01-20-2006 at 02:36 AM.

  4. #4

    Re: Vlookup for range, help

    Show what you used. Remember to change Range to the address that holds the
    table:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,sheet2!a1:b99,2,TRUE)