How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro

  1. #1

    How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro

    Hi!

    I have two questions:

    1. I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run --> Macro. How do I make it available?

    2. Is it possible to have an Add-in loaded from the server? At the moment I have to copy the Add-in to my workstations. Each time a change is made in the server Add-in, I would have to reinstall the Add-in on all workstations. I would like to avoid that...

    Martin
    Last edited by mliungman; 01-16-2006 at 05:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro

    It doesn't show, but you can still run it by typing it in the textbox

    myAddin.xla!MySub

    Bob Phillips

    "mliungman" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro

    BTW, functions will show in the function list.

  4. #4

    Re: How to make an Add-in show under Run->Macro

    Give the user a way to run your macro.

    If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way
    John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

    Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
    (from Debra Dalgleish's site)

  5. #5
    Thanks guys!

    You gave several answers to my first question, and the second solved itself. I was having computer problems, not VBA problems.

    Martin