Changing other fields using IF Function!?

  1. #1

    Changing other fields using IF Function!?

    Hello, I have a question which seems to be puzzling, I want to set a formula in which if a certain cell reaches for example "3000" i want it to change another cell in the spreadsheet this cell is a drag and drop cell in which it has options so for instance if a cell reaches 3000 i want it to change the drag and drop cell to "mars" which is in part of the list... How could I do this if its possible?

    Thanks for your time
    From John Wood

  2. #2
    Govind
    Guest

    Re: Changing other fields using IF Function!?

    Hi,

    Go to the cell, which you want to change to mars.

    Type in

    =IF(A1>=3000,"Mars","")

    where A1 is the cell which has got the value.

    Regards

    Govind.

  3. #3
    But the cell i want it to be changed to mars is a drop and down list with all items and in it includes mars too i want to find a way to change that cell to display mars automatically when some other cell reaches 3000...

    Thanks for your time
    From John Wood

  4. #4
    Arla
    Guest

    Re: Changing other fields using IF Function!?

    You said it was a drop down list? How many items are in this drop down list
    and when do you use those items, and on what conditions? Maybe you need to
    use a conditional format?
    Arla

  5. #5
    Still haven't developed the spreadsheet with the formula but ive written down in theory...the drop down list i suppose will have three items, mars, coke and fanta

    It's basically what i stated above..

    Thanks for your time

    From John Wood