Display on the cell with a value

  1. #1

    Display on the cell with a value

    Hi All

    I need help with a formula, I have 3 cell columns B,C & D with vlookup’s in each. The way I have set it up so that only one of the look ups will work. How do then make a formula that will be in column E and look columns B,C&D and display the only number that has worked

    Eg.
    A B C D
    AT111 #N/A 0.71 #N/A

    Please help

    Thanks
    Andrew

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest
    Maybe,

    assuming only 1 number in the 3 cells.
    =MAX(B1:D1)

    HTH
    JG

  3. #3
    Thanks

    But it did not work because the problem is that the other two cells have errors in them so functions like max and large need to have whole numbers, i need a formula that would be able to read errors and then display to only cell without an error

    Andrew

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Display on the cell with a value

    Hi!

    One way:

    =SUMIF(B1:D1,"<>#N/A")

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Display on the cell with a value

    If the #N/A's are the result of Vlookups then MAX(............) will reutrn
    #N/A.

    Biff

    "pinmaster" <[email protected]> wrote

  6. #6
    Great thanks for the help!!

    Almost there, while this formula displays the number i need which is good, it displays 0 when all three cells are #N/A, and in this situation need it to display #N/A or anything but a number!!!

    Andrew

  7. #7
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Display on the cell with a value

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =IF(COUNT(B1:D1),SUMIF(B1:D1,"<>#N/A"),#N/A)