Line chart even though values missing

  1. #1
    Hagerstown, Maryland, USA

    Line chart even though values missing

    I notice that my line chart doesn't draw a line if there are missing values.

    For example, I'm charting weight by date. But if I don't weigh myself on every single day, the line stops at the last day of a cluster of daily weights.

    Is there a way to have the dots be connected even if there are intervening missing data points?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Line chart even though values missing

    Hi,

    If the cells are really empty the you can get the chart to interpolate
    between the points. Select the chart and then use menu Tools > Options >
    Chart > Plot empty cells as Interpolated.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel