Dropdown

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Dropdown

    Hey all,

    I had previously posted this question but it seemed confusing to all. So, I have broke up the question and this is my first query.

    1. I need to create a macro. While recording it, I use filter to a column which contains date (dd-mmm-yyyy). Now, who do I select the present date from the list in the drop down? Suppose I click or use the arrow keys for 17th January 2006. Tomorrow, when I enter a new data into this, it should stand and select 18th January 2006 in the dropdown, which is not happening. So is there any procedure wherein I can select the present date in the drop down.
    Help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Pravi

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown

    Can you show your current code which sets the filter?

    Tim

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Lightbulb Re:

    Tim,
    The code I use for the filter is given below. Here, in the criteria, it shows 17-Jan-2006. I want something which can make the criteria as the present day. Please help
    Your quick help is appreciated.

    Sub pravi()
    Range("A3").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
    Range("I3").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:="17-Jan-2006"
    Range("A1").Select
    End Sub

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown

    Try something like

    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:= Format(Now(), "dd-mmm-yyyy")

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    "praveen_khm" <[email protected]>