Number of day -> date function

  1. #1

    Number of day -> date function

    Hi NG,

    Is there a function in Excel that returns the date when given the
    number of the day in the year (i.e. 1-365)?

    All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    Best,

    M.L.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    London
    In an available cell (say A1), put the date 31/12/05, then next to the cell where you enter the number for the days into a year (say B2) enter =A2+A1

  3. #3
    roadkill
    Guest

    RE: Number of day -> date function

    You can just add the number of days to the last day of the previous year.

    Example:
    ="12/31/2005" + I4 would yield the date in 2006 according to the value in I4
    (when formatted as a date, of course).

    Will

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Number of day -> date function

    Assumint numbers are in Column A, and you want dates for THIS year, put this
    in B1 ad copy down..........

    =DATEVALUE(12&"/"&31&"/"&YEAR(TODAY()))-365+A1

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5

    Re: Number of day -> date function