Accessing Cells in Separate Worksheet

  1. #1

    Accessing Cells in Separate Worksheet

    I have a list of a bunch of prices which I total up by month at the bottom of the worksheet.

    What I want to do is instead of totally up the prices at the bottom, I want to move the total to another worksheet and keep the original sheet just for raw data.
    But right now, all my formulas and math assumes the cells I am totally are in the same sheed, if I move all that, it will not be looking at the correct cells.
    How can I tell the formula to get the value from another worksheet?

  2. #2
    Angela
    Guest

    RE: Accessing Cells in Separate Worksheet

    Hello,
    Go to a Cell in the new sheet. type an = sign, do not click out of the cell,
    use your mouse to click over to the work sheet with your totals, click in the
    cell where your total is (in the details sheet), hit enter. The total on your
    new work sheet will be equal to the total on your details tab.

  3. #3
    Perfect!
    It worked. Thanks

    Edit:

    Wait, maybe I was a bit too quick to say that it works.
    Yes, I can show the contents of other cells on seperate worksheets, but my formula to calculate the totals wont work.
    For example, on the original worksheet, this works fine
    =SUBTOTAL(9, H15:H20),
    So I would think I would modify it to this,
    =Sales!SUBTOTAL(9, H15:H20)
    but it does now work, it gives me an error.
    Last edited by mrjeffy321; 01-18-2006 at 09:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Bump

    Anyone know how to do this?