how to keep excel file from printing?

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    how to keep excel file from printing?

    I want to be able to lock an excel file so that no one can print it, but they
    can view the data. Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good afternoon Tim

    Use something like this in the ThisWorkbook pane of the VBE:

    Cancel = True
    MsgBox "You can't print this spreadsheet"
    End Sub

    It will stop printing but it won't stop users being able to copy and paste to another workbook to print, using the PrtScr button to collect screen dumps etc.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    RE: how to keep excel file from printing?

    I should add this is with office 2000/excel 2000

  4. #4
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: how to keep excel file from printing?

    Dominic,

    Thanks! That should do the trick..