How do I change Excel column cell identifiers back to letters?

  1. #1
    cotmc
    Guest

    How do I change Excel column cell identifiers back to letters?

    While merging data from different worksheets and formatting cells, I suddenly
    noticed the column identifiers at the top of my worksheet changed to numbers
    instead of letters. Any good ideas on how I should change them back to
    letters? I searched Help Online and came up empty thus far. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Cotmc,

    On the the menu go to Tools>Options>General>Settings and click the box marked R1C1 style to clear it.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I change Excel column cell identifiers back to letters?

    Try this:

    Tools>Options>General tab
    UNcheck: R1C1 reference style

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4
    cotmc
    Guest

    RE: How do I change Excel column cell identifiers back to letters?

    Yes! Thanks a million!

  5. #5
    cotmc
    Guest

    Re: How do I change Excel column cell identifiers back to letters?

    Thanks!!